Sunday 30 October 2011

Unforgettable

The grime. The filth. The stench of layers of urine, years upon years, that sticks to the half recognizable tiles that make up the back wall of a tiny cell, infested with Mosquitos caring Japanese Encephalitis and Dengy Fever. The pools of contaminated water that lay on the ground, of what one calls a toilet. A hole in the ground suffocated with splatters of every mans bowl movements from across the globe. The fumes are insulting to my nostrils. With each breath, it consumes every cell within my lungs, and overwhelms my entire body. Thoughts of poverty and disease race through my mind. Not just one minute ago I was busting to go to the toilet, and now I feel paralyzed, I experience stage fright, fear even... And find myself unable to pee.
Oh the joys of backpacking. Lord grant me the strength. If not, at least give me a peg for my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment